Saturday, September 17, 2016

Family Faith in one another.


     So due to the crazy stuff on Facebook that was going on in my life, here is what I have decided to do. You'll find family updates here as well as tips, tricks and resources to improve life. 

     Now I am only Mommacrae and aka Grannycrae so who knows what the rest of my family will or will not decide to participate in. 

     I believe that The Family A Proclamation to the World is divine inspired instruction from God. So I am going to take the principles that sustain a happy family and break them down one by one. 

This is a copy of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or (the Mormon's) Proclamation on the family. You can find more info at www.mormon.org or on www.lds.org


     Here's my first principle; faith. Just what exactly does it mean to have a family who's lives are based on faith? Truth be told I all ready know I am supposed to have faith in God and Jesus Christ. 

     Does this whole having a family whose principles on faith mean we as a family need to have faith in each other?

     Well, if faith in my family is anything like when I was a kid, we are all in trouble. Seriously, just ask my 8 brothers and 7 sisters. 

     Now how many of you just said holy crap why so many kids? Just hang on a sec and read the next sentence.

     Now don't kill over just yet based on the number of siblings. I am the oldest of the "Original Seven", which consisted of 5 boys and 2 girls. See, don't you feel better now? 

     My husband's family, well that's a yours, mine and ours situation with 10 kids total.

     It truly is amazing my husband and I survived childhood! We were also from the Latchkey or Generation X. It was big hair (I know you've seen the yearbook pictures), sex, drugs, and rock n roll. 

     So faith back then was nothing like what it means to me today. So let's get started on the updated more mature thinking on what faith in family means. Let's start with a graphic if you will. 

     Next post will be tackling the content on the graphic. The first will be meeting my family. Say hi. 



Just to be clear this graphic is copyrighted 2016 by Mommacrae as are all the photos used to create it. 

     We will go into how faith is applied to God, Jesus Christ, our spouse, our children, and our family as a whole. 

     Did you notice I only said spouse instead of spouses? Good, because the more than one wife thing called poligamy isn't something we do. If you have questions about that topic just go to Mormon.org and they can help you out with that one. 

     I honestly think my husband would go insane if he had to deal with another woman in addition to me. Besides poligamy is against the law. 

     Now back to what we are going to talk about. FAITH in family. Start by reading the snippets on my graphic. You will notice I use the 1828 Noah Webster dictionary definitions. Well, that's the one they used when King James had the Bible translated into English. 

May God Bless You and Your Family, 

Mommacrae
aka Grannycrae 


No comments:

Post a Comment