Friday, September 23, 2016

Lessons Learned from Facebook




I am really happy with the decision made to leave Facebook. I didn’t think I would be. It’s interesting to go back to living life outside of the blue screen, full of memes (Many of which contain inappropriate language.) It’s like I have stepped out of a crowd of people all trying to talk over one another.
Facebook has become for me a very negative and depressing source of information and misinformation. I have found that so much of what is being read on Facebook is hearsay; it doesn’t have the roots of truth to the news articles and information I prefer reading or listening to in order to stay informed. Even watching the TV news or reading the newspaper lacks the roots or true information I seek to make better decisions.
I have also recognized that so many of my friends and family (me included in this big time) have turned Facebook into this ad service of all the many products and services. The personal connections have been lost because so many of us are hiding behind our computer screens.
My personal connections will actually have to interact with me and I with them. You know face time and I am not saying Facetime. I mean the getting together and doing something kind of time. It’s pretty stupid that it took a major family blow-up that caused enough marital strife my husband and I decided to eliminate Facebook from our home. We decided staying married was more important.
 Extended family relations still really stink but I don’t know that will ever change. You know how in the cartoon Robin Hood there a phrase at the end about Robin is having outlaws for in-laws, that’s pretty much how I feel with very few exceptions.
Now I am taking The Family a Proclamation to the World and going over the principles to base good family life and homes on. I am still on FAITH. I have questions that I will be answering about relationships of FAITH with and in myself, God, Jesus Christ, Glenn, Brennan and Courtney along with their children (my grandbabies), Glenn Jr., Allen and Rhondelle, Barbie, and of course our little caboose Carroll. If I am honest Carroll isn’t so little anymore and neither are my other children.
So watch for them. This will actually be kind of a tough thing for me. I have come to the conclusion that faith=assurance. So what assurance do I have with all those I just mentioned above? Maybe you'll want to do your own discovery and decide what assurance you have with each of your peeps.

 
 Best Wishes,
Mommacrae

No comments:

Post a Comment